Dental implants are shaped similar to the root of a tooth. They are made of titanium alloy, which is very compatible with the jaw bone, and are actually integrated into it. Various types of components screw onto the implant to support dentures, crowns and bridges.
After remarkable advances in dentistry in recent years, dental implants have become a treatment of choice for people missing one, a few or all of their teeth, and for those with failing teeth or severe periodontal disease.
ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS:
- Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth, a few teeth, or all the teeth on one or both arches of the mouth.
- Implant supported teeth are the closest possible to natural teeth, they look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth.
- Dental implants allow you to eat all the foods you like, just as with natural teeth.
- Unlike bridges or dentures, dental implants are placed into and fused with the bone in your jaws.
This not only provides stability but prevents bone loss and atrophy that normally results from missing teeth.
- Dental implants provide long-term solutions to your dental problems, often lasting a lifetime.